|Chicken Do Pyaza|
|Butter Chicken Sauce|
1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
1 (15.8 oz.) pouch Taste of India Butter Chicken Sauce
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
salt to taste
- Marinate chicken for 1/2 hour with tandoori masala, lime juice and salt.
- Brown minced onions in hot oil until golden brown, add tomatoes and green chilies and stir-fry until oil resurfaces.
- Add chicken pieces and simmer over medium-high heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour butter chicken sauce over chicken and stir well.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add included pakets of garam masala, chili powder and kasuri methi.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Scatter birista/deep-fried onions over chicken and stir into sauce.
- Garnish with minced cilantro and serve with rice or chapatis.