|Koraishuti Diye Kacha Mooger Dal|
1 tsp. ginger paste
- Bring lentils and water to boil in a saucepan, skim off all the scum that rises to the top and add turmeric and salt.
- Lower the heat to medium and simmer for about 30 minutes until lentils reach the desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a separate skillet and sputter cumin seeds, chilies, bay leaves and star anise.
- Add ginger paste, tomatoes and peas and stir-fry until oil resurfaces.
- Add cooked lentils and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste and garnish with ghee before serving over a mound of hot rice or with chapatis.