|Narkol Dudh diye Channa'r Dal|
1 tsp. turmeric powder
2 cinnamon sticks, left whole
2 medium (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- Place first 5 ingredients in a pressure cooker and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook under pressure on medium heat for 20 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Remove pressure cooker from heat and allow steam to dissipate completely before opening lid.
- Heat oil over high heat in skillet, fry slit green chillies until skin blisters and turns grey, remove from oil and set aside.
- Sputter cinnamon sticks, cardamoms, star anise, bay leaves and cumin seeds and fry for a minute or so.
- Add onions and tomatoes and cook until oil resurfaces.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for a minute or so.
- Pour contents of skillet over lentils in pressure cooker and return to a boil.
- Garnish with ghee, slit green chillies and cilantro.