1 russet potato, peeled, diced and boiled for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp. besan/chickpea flour
- 1 tsp. ground ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp. Kashmiri mirch/paprika
- 1 Tbsp. ground fennel seeds
- salt to taste
- Microwave cauliflower in water for 3 minutes and soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower, reserving liquid for the gravy.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil, brown cauliflower pieces and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and sputter with hing, shah jeera and garam masala.
- Remove from heat and add whipped yogurt by the spoonful until combined with oil and tempering.
- Add reserved blanching liquid and stir until smooth.
- Over medium heat, bring gravy to a boil and lower heat.
- Return cauliflower and potatoes to pan, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Adjust salt and sugar to taste and garnish with chilies, cilantro and ghee.