- Whip yogurt with ginger & garlic paste, paprika, salt to taste, white pepper, cornstarch and diced green chilies.
- Marinate chicken pieces in yogurt mixture and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat and sputter shah jeera, cinnamon sticks, cardamoms.
- Add onions and stir-fry until onions turn translucent.
- Add chicken to skillet and leave untouched for 2-3 minutes so that one side can brown lightly.
- Flip chicken pieces over and leave untouched again for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, stir chicken well, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste and garnish with garam masala and cilantro.
- Remove from heat and serve as a main dish over rice or with naan/chapatis.