|Maach Alur Tomato Jhol|
1 russet potato, peeled and cut in chunks
2 tsp. ginger paste
2 green chilies, sliced
2 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- Marinate fish in salt and turmeric and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Stir paprika into ginger paste with a tablespoon water and set aside.
- Heat mustard oil and sputter nigella seeds and half the green chilies.
- Fry fish pieces on all sides until golden brown, remove from oil and set aside.
- Add paprika-ginger paste to the remaining oil in pan and stir-fry until oil resurfaces.
- Add tomatoes and potatoes, cover and simmer over medium heat until potatoes soften and oil resurfaces.
- Add simmering water, bring to a boil and add fried pieces of fish.
- Adjust salt to taste, add remaining green chilies, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve over steamed long-grain rice.