|Stewed Chicken with Carrots & Potatoes|
1 hot green chili
- Wash chicken legs, dry with paper towels & set aside.
- Blanch onions, garlic, green chili & 1 tsp. fennel seeds in some water & blend to a paste with salt and mix with ginger paste.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet & brown chicken on all sides, keeping skin intact.
- Remove chicken legs from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, sputter 1/4 tsp. fennel seeds, cinnamon, cardamoms and pepper corns.
- Add onion paste and tomatoes & stir-fry over medium heat until oil resurfaces.
- Return chicken legs to skillet and stir well to coat with sauce in the pan.
- Pour simmering broth into skillet along with carrots & potatoes, cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes until meat falls off the chicken bones.
- Adjust salt to taste and garnish with Bengali garam masala.