|Musuri Dal Begun Diye|
2 tsp. garlic paste
- Wash lentils until water runs clear.
- Bring lentils and 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan, lower heat to medium and cook lentils until tender.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat & add mustard & dried chilies.
- When mustard seeds start to sizzle, add onions, garlic paste and tomatoes.
- Cook on medium heat until oil resurfaces.
- Add eggplant and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook until eggplant pieces soften.
- Pour lentils over eggplant, stir well, adjust salt to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with ghee, cilantro and whole green chilies.