Since Hubby enjoyed this small transformation thoroughly, I decided to bake the remaining payesh at 350F degrees and sprinkled some saffron over top. Either way, finishing off this sweet dish in the oven imparts a caramelized & smoky flavour to these delectable fresh cottage cheese dumplings.
- Remove rosogollas from can, squeezing out & discarding all syrup.
- Place rosogollas in a serving dish.
- Bring milk to a boil, then reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Simmer milk for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until reduced by half.
- Add Kulfi mix, stir until dissolved and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Pour cream over rosogollas & refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
- Crush and sprinkle 2 pinches of saffron over the rosogollas.
- Set oven to broil and place Rosogolla Payesh about 4 inches from flame.
- Broil for 5 minutes just until the tops form a golden brown crust.
- Alternatively, heat oven to 350F degrees & place payesh on lowest rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes until sauce bubbles & lower temp. to 200F degrees.
- Bake for another 10 minutes just until the tops form a golden brown crust.