|Squash with Shrimp|
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 large onions, peeled & sliced
6 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tsp. chili powder or Kashmiri mirch
2 medium tomatoes, diced
8 oz. medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 tsp. chicken concentrate or bouillon
2 green chilies, diced
1/2 cup (4 oz.) cilantro, chopped
salt to taste
- Heat 4 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry garlic & onions for 5 minutes, add tomatoes & simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Make a well in the center of the pan, pour in 1 Tbsp. oil & chili powder.
- Add vegetables and salt, stir well and cover.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Add shrimp, stir well and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve on a bed of steamed Basmati rice.