2 medium onions, cubed blanched and blended to a paste
1 Tbsp. ginger paste
2 tsp. garlic paste
1 Tbsp. Kashmiri mirch or paprika
salt to taste
2 medium onions, diced
1 level Tbsp. dried ginger powder
2 Russet potatoes, cubed (optional)
1 cup boiling chicken broth
- Wash lamb and marinate in next 5 ingredients overnight in fridge.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and temper with hing, cinnamon sticks, black cardamom and star anise.
- Add diced onions and stir-fry until onions are translucent.
- Add lamb pieces along with remaining ingredients except potatoes & chicken broth, pressure cook for 20 minutes and turn heat off.
- Allow lamb to cool in pressure cooker until pressure is totally reduced.
- Turn heat on to medium-high, stir lamb well and add chicken broth & potatoes.
- Lower heat to medium-low, cover and cook until potatoes are tender for about an hour.
- Adjust salt to taste and remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed Basmati rice or naan.