|Ada Tomato Diye Cholar Dal|
- 1/2 cup dried yellow split peas/cholar dal, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Shah jeera or cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. ghee
- Soak split peas in water for 1 hour, drain and rinse.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan and add split peas & turmeric.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour until peas are soft, adjust salt to taste & set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat & sputter cumin seeds and green chilies.
- Add ginger paste & tomatoes, stir well and pour over cooked split peas.
- Add a cup of boiling water to the split peas, stir and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until tomatoes break down.
- Adjust salt to taste, garnish with cilantro & ghee and remove from heat.