|Ground Lamb with Peas, |
Potatoes and Green Beans
Our local grocery store sometimes stocks New Zealand lamb, and I was pleased to find ground lamb in that section. Keema Alu Mattar tastes really good with lamb and adding green beans to the mix was a big improvement.
1 tsp. chili powder, paprika or Kashmiri mirch
- Brown ground lamb in 2 Tbsp. oil and remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet and sputter cinnamon sticks, star anise and cumin seeds.
- Add onions and stir-fry until golden brown.
- Add chili powder, ginger-garlic pastes and simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Add potatoes, cover and simmer until potatoes are half-cooked.
- Add tomatoes, green beans, peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Return browned lamb to skillet, stir in garam masala, adjust salt to taste and top with simmering broth.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until meat and vegetables are cooked.
- When liquid evaporates, garnish with ghee and remove from heat.