|A one-pot meal/stew of|
ground chicken & chayote squash
1 lb. ground chicken
1 cup chicken broth
4 chayote squash, peeled & diced
2 large onions, diced
8 cloves garlic, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 tsp. ground ginger & garlic paste
2 tsp. Kashmiri mirch or chili powder to taste
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. shrimp sauce in oil
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3-4 green chilies, slit
salt to taste
1. Boil ground chicken in chicken broth for 20 minutes.
2. Remove chicken from broth, allow to cool and break into pieces.
3. Pulse chicken in food processor until crumbled.
4. Place chicken & all other ingredients into the same skillet & bring to a boil.
5. Adjust salt to taste, stir, cover and simmer over medium heat.
6. When oil resurfaces & chayote squash are cooked, transfer to a serving dish.
Serve with hot, steamed Basmati or Jasmine rice.