2 Chinese bitter melons or 3 ucchay, deseeded and chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 Oriental eggplants, diced and tossed with salt
4 Tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp. radhuni (wild celery seeds)
2 tej pata (bay leaves)
2 tsp. ginger paste
sliced green chillies
1/4 tsp. sugar
- Heat oil in a pan and sputter radhuni and tej pata.
- Add sweet & russet potatoes, salt and ginger paste.
- Stir well and cook over medium heat until vegetables are partly cooked.
- Add karela and salted eggplant, stir well, cover and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the mustard and white poppy seed pastes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add sugar & green chilies, stir, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with ghee and green chilies.