|Chicken Laksa Curry|
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut up
2 Tbsp. Laksa paste
2 tsp. ginger paste
1 tsp. garlic paste
1 large russet potato, cut into bite-size pieces
2 large onions, sliced
1 large tomato, chopped
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 tsp. Shah Jeera or cumin seeds
1 tsp. ghee
- Marinate chicken in Laksa, ginger and garlic pastes for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan heat 2 Tbsp. oil over high heat and sputter cumin seeds, cinnamon and star anise.
- Add onions and potatoes, lower heat to medium, cook potatoes until done and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in the same saucepan, add tomatoes and chicken along with marinade. Stir well.
- Simmer chicken until oil resurfaces, add cooked potatoes and onions and simmer for ten minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste and remove from heat.
- Garnish with ghee and serve with hot, cooked rice.