|Hsi Hta Min|
2 cups cooked day-old Basmati rice tossed with
1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
salt to taste
1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
1 tsp. Madras curry powder
1/4 cup vegetable/peanut oil
2 large onions, peeled and quartered
4 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
2 green chilies, diced
1 Roma tomato, diced
fish sauce or salt to taste
1 Tbsp. deep fried onions
1 tsp. deep fried garlic
- Take rice out of refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Heat chicken broth with turmeric and curry powder and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Toss rice with chicken broth, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry onions, garlic, ginger and chilies until onions are translucent.
- Add green peas, toss in the rice and stir-fry until rice is coated with oil.
- Toss in tomatoes, fried onions and garlic and mix through.
- Adjust salt to taste with fish sauce, and garnish with fried onions mixture.