|Shan Tofu Kyet|
This tofu dish is usually served as a side dish with steamed long-grain rice accompanied by meat or fish and some vegetable soup (hin cho).
1 (8 oz.) block tofu, drained and mashed with a fork
1/2 large onion, minced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 large of tomato, diced
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
1 Tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil
1 tsp. dark sesame oil
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
1/4 tsp. ajinomoto (optional)
salt to taste
cilantro to garnish, minced
- Heat oil until smoking and stir-fry onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder and fish sauce.
- Add mashed tofu and sprinkle ajinomoto over top.
- Stir and simmer over medium heat until oil resurfaces.
- Garnish with sesame oil and cilantro.