|Fried Okra Smothered in |
Toasted Chickpea Flour
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
2 dried red chillies/shukno lanka, stem removed and left whole
- Toss chopped okra with amchur and set aside.
- Mix besan with chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and dried shrimp powder.
- In a dry skillet, toast besan until it releases a nutty aroma and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sputter cumin seeds and dried red chillies.
- Stir-fry okra in the hot oil with turmeric and hing.
- When okra is cooked dry, add fish sauce (or salt) to taste, chopped onions, garlic and tomatoes.
- Stir-fry until oil resurfaces and tomatoes release all their juices.
- Add toasted besan and stir-fry until besan turns golden brown.