|Split Mung Beans with Spinach|
2 cups baby spinach, chopped
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 green chillies, minced
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. besan (chickpea flour)
2 Tbsp. oil
salt to taste
- Heat oil and sputter cumin seeds and dried peppers.
- Remove dried peppers and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, green chillies and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and spinach, stir and cook for another minute.
- Add soaked moong dal and 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Sprinkle besan over dal, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until water evaporates.
- Garnish with fried red peppers and serve hot with rice or chapatis.