|White Snapper Steaks (Bone-In)|
|White Snapper Fillets|
1 lb. fish steaks or fillets
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
salt to taste
1 russet potato, peeled and cut in wedges
4 + 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, according to taste
1/2 tsp. nigella seeds
2 sliced hot green peppers, or according to taste
1 Tbsp. ginger paste
1 large tomato, diced
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch/paprika
1/2 tsp. Bengali garam masala powder (cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms)
more hot green chilies for garnish
1/4 tsp. sugar (optional)
- Marinate fish with turmeric and salt; set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fry fish in batches until golden-brown and set aside.
- Fry potato wedges until golden-brown and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat and sputter nigella seeds along with sliced green chilies.
- Add ginger paste and paprika, stir-fry until oil resurfaces.
- Add tomatoes and garam masala, stir well, cover and simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Return potatoes to skillet with a cup of boiling water, cover and simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Add fish, more boiling water if required and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust salt and sugar to taste and remove from heat.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with more green chilies.