|Musuri Dal r Phool Kopi'r Danta|
This was one of Mum's favourite ways of preparing red lentils. It tastes great garnished with cilantro and a touch of ghee or butter.
- Cook lentils in water, salt and turmeric until lentils totally disintegrate & set aside.
- Heat oil & fry nigella seeds and green chillies until they snap, crackle & pop.
- Add onions, tomatoes & garlic & sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add cauliflower stalks and stir-fry just until wilted.
- Pour lentils over onions and stalks in pan, add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Adjust salt to taste, garnish with ghee and remove from heat.