|Ground Chicken & Eggplant Stew|
I came across a picture of this dish on Facebook, but the recipe had not been added at the time, so this is my take on the dish. Eggplant is a favourite vegetable and combining it with ground chicken sounded too good to pass up. I added diced potatoes because that's what Bengalis do...add potatoes to everything!
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat and sputter cinnamon, cardamom, star anise and cumin seeds.
- Scatter onions over tempering and stir-fry until translucent.
- Stir in ginger and garlic pastes, tomatoes and chilies and stir-fry until oil resurfaces.
- Add chicken, break up as much as possible and stir-fry until browned.
- Add eggplant and potatoes along with a cup of hot water, cover and bring up to full pressure.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off and allow pressure to release naturally, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with whole chilies & cilantro.
- Serve as a main course of an Indian meal, accompanied by rice or chapatis.