6 Tbsp. vegetable oil
8-10 cloves garlic, peeled & diced
1 large onion, peeled, halved & sliced in thin crescents
1 large tomato, diced
1 serrano pepper, diced
1 bunch cilantro stems, diced
1/2 tsp. Kashmiri mirch or paprika
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
salt to taste
- Marinate shrimp with turmeric & fish sauce for 15 minutes or longer.
- Heat oil in a skillet/wok over medium-high heat and add paprika.
- Stir-fry onions, peppers & garlic until onions are translucent.
- Lower heat to medium, add tomatoes & simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Add shrimp & cilantro stems and stir-fry until shrimp are no longer pink.
- Adjust salt to taste & serve immediately over steamed long-grain rice.