|Pickled Habaneros In Mustard Oil|
|Home-grown Habanero Peppers|
|The Main Ingredients|
|Peppers Covered with Mustard Oil|
15-20 habanero peppers, stems removed and halved
2 Tbsp. black mustard seeds
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1 cup mustard oil (enough to cover the peppers)
more salt to taste
- Place peppers in a sterilized glass jar. I used an empty salsa jar.
- Grind mustard and salt to a powder.
- Add turmeric and chili powder and mix well
- Sprinkle over hot peppers in jar.
- Cover with mustard oil and place in sun for a week.
- Adjust salt, if necessary, and enjoy!