1 cauliflower, sliced in bite-sized pieces
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. shah jeera/cumin seeds
2 onions, diced
salt to taste
- Pour boiling water over cauliflower and leave to soak until cold.
- Heat oil, sputter hing, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and cardamom.
- Add diced green chilies and onions & stir-fry until translucent.
- Scoop cauliflower out of soaking liquid and stir into skillet.
- Mix ginger & garlic pastes with fennel, garam masala powders and yogurt.
- Pour over cauliflower in skillet and stir well.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until oil resurfaces.
- Adjust salt to taste and garnish with ghee, whole green chilies & fresh cilantro.