|Sewai er Payesh|
Vermicelli is very skinny pasta that is available in Indian markets already toasted to a golden brown color. It also comes untoasted, but it's really easy to stir-fry in a dry skillet until golden brown. Toasting vermicelli in melted butter ensures that each strand remains separate and prevents it from becoming mushy.
|Garnished with Fried Raisins & Nuts|
1 cup toasted vermicelli
1 pkg. Gits Kulfi mix (see Notes)
1 Tbsp. butter
2 cups water, set to a low simmer
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp. sliced almonds & pistachios
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat & melt butter.
- Stir-fry vermicelli & kulfi mix until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to low & add simmering water & raisins.
- Stir over low heat until water is absorbed.
- Transfer to serving dish & garnish with nuts.