|Palang Shaak Shorshe Chingri|
1 lb. spinach, rinsed & chopped
1 pkg. pre-cooked frozen salad shrimp, thawed
¼ tsp. nigella seeds (kalonji/kalo jeera)
¼ tsp. turmeric powder
2 large onions, diced
6 cloves garlic, diced
3 + 1 Tbsp. mustard oil
2 Tbsp. brown mustard seeds, soaked with 1 tsp. salt
2 hot chilies, broken in half
1 tsp. salt
1. Soak mustard seeds in salt and water for half an hour.
2. Transfer mustard seeds to a strainer and rinse well under the tap.
3. Make a paste of mustard seeds, hot chillies and 1/2 tsp. salt in a blender.
4. Mix mustard paste with shrimp and set aside.
5. Heat 3 Tbsp. mustard oil over medium-high heat and sputter nigella seeds.
6. Stir-fry onions, garlic and turmeric powder until onions turn golden brown.
7. Add spinach, salt to taste and simmer until spinach is almost cooked.
8. Add shrimp and mustard paste, stir well and simmer for another 3 minutes.
9. Garnish with 1 Tbsp. mustard oil, stir and remove from heat.
Serve with steamed Basmati rice.