|BU THEE NGA CHAUK CHET|
2 bottle gourd or 4 chayote squash, peeled & julienned
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 large onions, peeled & sliced
6 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tsp. chili powder or Kashmiri mirch
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 (8 oz.) package fried anchovies
2 red chilies, diced
deep fried onions for garnish
salt to taste
- Heat 4 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry garlic & onions for 5 minutes, add tomatoes & simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Make a well in the center of the pan, pour in 1 Tbsp. oil & chili powder.
- Add vegetables and salt, stir well and cover.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Add anchovies, stir well and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with deep fried onions and serve on a bed of steamed Basmati rice.