|Khawkswe Thoke & Taster's Bowl|
1 lb. (16 oz. pkg.) angel hair pasta
7 oz. fish tofu (optional)
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves & stems
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 Tbsp. fish sauce
4 Tbsp. garlic infused oil
1 tsp. roasted chili powder
1 tsp. white pepper powder
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup cashews
Deep fried onions
Deep fried garlic
Coarse Salt (Muoi Tom) *
Roasted sesame seeds
Lime, cut in wedges
Roasted sesame seed oil
1. Cut cilantro bunch in half and soak in cold tap water until sediment settles in the bottom of the pan.
2. Scoop cilantro leaves and stems off the top and drain.
3. Chop garlic and place in blender along with the rest of the Dressing Ingredients.
4. Puree dressing until it reaches a pesto consistency, adding more oil if necessary.
5. Set dressing aside to infuse flavours.
6. Bring a pan of water to a boil, turn off the heat, blanch rice noodles & fish tofu for 10 seconds, drain & set aside.
7. Toss noodles with dressing until thoroughly combined.
8. Garnish with fried onions & garlic, coarse salt, roasted sesame seeds, a dash of sesame oil and a squeeze of lime juice.