|Toasted Mung Bean Lentils|
1/4 tsp. garam masala powder
1/4 tsp. sugar (optional)
- Cook mung dal in boiling water with salt, 1/4 tsp. turmeric and chilies until soft.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and sputter cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- Add remaining turmeric, tomatoes and ginger paste and stir-fry until tomatoes soften.
- Add cauli-florets and stir to coat with the tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until cauli-florets are cooked.
- Pour mung dal over cauliflower, stir and adjust salt & sugar to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and garnish with ghee.