|Masala 'Dosa' with Sambhar|
|Melissa's French Crepes|
|Filling for Crepe|
|Sambhar on the Side|
2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
4 Tbsp. olive or other oil
1/2 tsp. hing (asafoetida) powder
1/2 tsp. nigella (kalonji) seeds
2 green chilies, minced
12-14 curry leaves
2 large onions, diced
1 tsp. minced ginger or paste
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/4 cup simmering water
salt to taste
1 tsp. ghee
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and sputter hing, nigella seeds and chilies.
- Add curry leaves, turmeric, onions and ginger and stir-fry until onions are translucent.
- Add potatoes, stir well and lower heat to medium-low.
- Add simmering water, cover and cook until potatoes are soft and mushy.
- Adjust salt to taste, garnish with ghee, stir well and transfer to serving dish.