|Crockpot Rogan Josh|
My Beli Mashi (Mum's sister) spent a few months with us when I was living in California and she taught me to make Kashmiri Rogan Josh. I marinated the meat with the rest of the ingredients for a couple of hours, then dumped all of it into the crockpot with sliced onions and set it on high for 2 hours. After giving everything a good mix, the crockpot was set to low, potatoes were added and cooked for 5 hours.
1-1/2 cups simmering water (I used beef broth)
2 Tbsp. concentrated tomato paste 4 Tbsp. tomato ketchup
- Combine meat with all the ingredients, except water & 1 tsp. fennel powder, and marinate for 2 hours.
- Pour marinated meat into a cold crockpot and plug it in.
- Set crockpot to high and cook for 2-1/2 hours.
- Add potato chunks along with simmering water and stir well.
- Reduce setting to low and cook for 5 more hours.
- Unplug crockpot, sprinkle remaining 1 tsp. fennel powder and allow to rest for 10 minutes.