|Pomfret Doi Maach|
1 tsp. ginger paste
1 tsp. garlic paste
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Rub pomfrets with 1/4 tsp. salt & 1/4 tsp. turmeric.
- Stir next 5 ingredients & marinate pomfrets in this mixture for an hour.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sputter fennel seeds.
- Brown fish for 4 minutes on both sides and pour yogurt sauce over fish.
- Adjust salt to taste & simmer over medium-low heat until oil resurfaces.
- Add sugar, sliced chilies and simmer for another minute.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve over steamed basmati rice.