- Soak mustard seeds in salted tap water for 2 hours, rinse, strain & blend with 1 green chili and salt to taste.
- Soak white poppy seeds in boiling water for 2 hours and blend with 1 green chili and salt to taste.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and sputter nigella seeds.
- Add julienned squash, ginger and a little salt and stir well.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until squash releases all its water and is cooked al dente.
- Pour mustard and poppy seed sauce over squash, stir well, cook for a further five minutes and garnish with remaining green chilies.
- Adjust salt to taste and serve with hot Basmati rice or Indian bread.