|Burmese Stir-Fried Bitter Melon|
The pre-sliced bitter melon is available in Asian markets, so all I had to do was prep the other vegetables, dump it all in a skillet over medium heat and simmer it until the bitter melon was cooked.
3 Chinese bitter melon, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1 Japanese eggplant, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1 large onion, diced
1 tsp. garlic paste
1 large tomato, diced
1 green chili, diced
1 Tbsp. shrimp paste
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
salt to taste
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry onions until translucent.
- Add garlic, shrimp paste, fish sauce, green chilies and tomatoes and simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Add bitter melon slices and eggplant, stir well and simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- Adjust salt to taste and remove from heat.