Coming up with something new, interesting and tasty for our Tuesdate night with a GrandBoy is always a challenge. Spanish rice with chicken came to mind because the boys seem to enjoy eating at Taco Bell. Served with sliced cucumbers and shredded lettuce, the fried rice can be rolled up in soft, flour tortillas and eaten like a burrito. Hope Kole likes his dinner tonight.
1/2 cup mild chunky salsa
3 stalks celery, chopped
- Toss rice with salsa, 2 Tbsp. oil and half the taco seasoning; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions & garlic until translucent & toss with chicken & tomatoes.
- Add remaining taco seasoning & celery, stir well & add rice in two batches.
- Stir rice, making sure every grain is coated with contents in pan.
- Adjust salt to taste along with corn & peas and stir well.
- Stir in green onions & cilantro, toss and transfer to serving dishes.