|Phool Kopi Alu Aar Chingri|
1 lb. shrimp, shelled & deveined
2 + 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. hing (asafetida)
1/4 tsp. garam masala powder (ground cinnamon, cardamom & cloves)
4 green chillies, slit
1 large tomato, diced
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch/paprika/chili powder
- Marinate shrimp in turmeric and salt for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat & fry shrimp until they turn pink.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sputter cumin seeds, hing & Kashmiri mirch & season with salt to taste.
- Add cauliflower and potatoes, stir-fry until lightly browned & set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 4 Tbsp. oil & fry chilies & onions until translucent.
- Add ginger paste, garam masala powder, Kashmiri mirch & tomatoes.
- Stir-fry until oil resurfaces and tomatoes break down completely.
- Return cauliflower and potatoes to pan and stir until gravy coats vegetables.
- Add a little hot water & sugar; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return shrimp to pan, stir well & adjust salt to taste.
- Garnish with ghee and cilantro.
- Serve with steamed Basmati rice or hot chapatis.