|Baked Cod with Green Beans Almondine|
& Pan Fried Potatoes
on a Bed of Basmati Rice
I generally avoid buying cod because they're pretty tasteless, fall apart easily and doesn't seem to be able to withstand simmering in a gravy. These fillets, however, were thick, meaty and very fresh. They turned out to be succulent and flaked easily after baking. Any fish fillet will work in this recipe.
Baked Herbed Fish
Green Beans Almondine
Slow Pan Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season bread crumbs with salt, Italian herbs and garlic powder.
- Mix lime juice with salt and rub on both sides of fish.
- Dip fish in bread crumbs, coating all sides well and place on baking rack. (I used the baking tray and rack that came with the toaster oven.)
- Bake fish at 375°F for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, blanch green beans and potatoes in salted water and drain.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil & butter over medium-high heat.
- Sauté beans for 3 minutes until crisp & tender, adjust salt to taste and squeeze lime juice over beans.
- Lightly brown slivered almonds, sprinkle on beans & divide between 2 plates.
- In same pan, add another Tbsp. oil and cook potatoes on low heat until golden brown.
- Salt potatoes to taste, garnish with rosemary and place on each plate.
- Mound hot Basmati rice on each plate and top with a fish fillet.