|Dant-da-lone-thee and Fish|
Cooking time: 30-35 mins
1 fish fillet (6-8 oz.)
½ pkt. (about 20 pieces of the drumsticks)
1 medium size white onion
4 cloves garlic
2 tablespoon cooking oil (I prefer corn oil)
1 ripe red tomato
A pinch of “ngapi” fish paste or dried shrimp floss with chilli
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon chilli powder or Kashmiri mirch
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
1 chicken bouillon cube (Can use one 14 oz. can of chicken broth)
4 cups of water (2 if using chicken broth)
1 teaspoon fresh seedless tamarind flesh
1 handful of shredded cilantro for garnish
- Cut fish into 2" pieces.
- Rinse the drumsticks.
- Mince the garlic and onions coarsely.
- Chop the tomato into small pieces.
- On medium, heat oil for a minute and add the onions and garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chilli, turmeric and fish paste and stir for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add fish and drumsticks, chicken bouillon and water. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse tamarind and add ¼ cup of hot water. Use a fork to mash the tamarind. Add to pot and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and garnish with cilantro.