|Tangra is of the catfish family|
Any small whole fish can be used
10 - 12 small whole fish, gutted and scaled
1 oriental eggplant cut in long pieces
1 large onion, blanched, drained and blended with 4 cloves of garlic
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch, paprika or chili powder
1 large tomato, diced
2 jalapeno peppers, diced
4 Tbsp. mustard oil
salt to taste
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Place skillet on medium-low heat.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and pour into heated skillet.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, turn each fish over and adjust salt to taste.
- Replace cover and simmer until oil resurfaces.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro.