|Chicken Tikka Masala|
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in bite-size pieces
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch or chili powder
1 Tbsp. ginger paste
1 (8 oz.) cup Greek or hung yogurt
Tomato Cream Sauce:
1 Tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. Kashmiri mirch or chili powder
1 tsp. Shan Tandoori Chicken Masala
1 tsp. salt or to taste
1 (10 oz.) can Campbell's tomato soup or pureed tomatoes
4 oz. coconut milk or cream
1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Marinate chicken in next 7 ingredients for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place chicken on a foil-lined cookie sheet that has been smeared with oil and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat & saute garlic & jalapenos.
- Stir in cumin, Kashmiri mirch and salt & stir-fry until oil resurfaces.
- Add tomato soup and coconut milk & stir well.
- Simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Stir in baked chicken pieces and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, garnish with cilantro and serve with chapatis or naan.