- Separate stems & greens from baby beets and soak all of it in cold water.
- Peel baby beets and cut in eighths.
- Dice the stems in very small pieces and chop the greens.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and sputter fennel seeds & hot peppers.
- Add onions & garlic; stir-fry until onions turn translucent.
- Add diced potatoes and baby beets, lower heat to medium and cover.
- Simmer until both are partially cooked.
- Add stems & greens, cover & simmer until potatoes and beets are done.
- Adjust salt to taste, stir and remove from heat.
- Serve as a side dish with steamed Basmati rice or chapatis.
Friday, January 24, 2014
Stir-Fried Beet Greens with Baby Beets & Potatoes
1 bundle baby beets with greens attached
1 russet potato, peeled and diced
1 large onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, diced
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
salt to taste
I shared this on