|Palang Shaak Alu Karaishuti|
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Stir-Fried Spinach with Potatoes & Peas
1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach
2 russet potatoes, diced
2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
4 Tbsp. oil
½ tsp. Shah Jeera or cumin seeds
1 tej pata/bay leaf
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
¼ tsp. sugar
Salt to taste
1 tsp. ghee/clarified butter (optional)
1. Heat oil in a pan over high heat, add bay leaf and cumin seeds.
2. When cumin seeds sputter, add diced peppers, onions and garlic & stir-fry until onions turn translucent.
3. Lower heat to medium, add potatoes, cover and cook until tender.
4. Add spinach, stir and cook until spinach wilts, add sugar and adjust salt to taste.
5. Garnish with ghee and remove from heat.
Serve with hot Basmati rice or chapatis.