An easy chicken curry made with ground chicken and shredded cabbage that tastes great as a stuffing for pita pocket sandwiches or served over steamed Basmati rice.
1 tsp. ghee
- Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat and sputter shah jeera, cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Add onions & garlic and fry until onions turn translucent. Do not brown the onions.
- Add ground chicken and break up until crumbled, stir well and cook until chicken is browned.
- Add tomatoes, garam masala & ginger paste, stir again and cook until tomatoes break down.
- Add green chilies and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook until broth evaporates and oil resurfaces.
- Add shredded cabbage, stir well until combined with chicken, cover and simmer until cabbage is cooked and turns golden brown.
- Adjust salt to taste, stir in sugar and mix well.
- Garnish with ghee and serve with steamed Basmati rice, naan or tortilla.