|Orange Cranberry Bread|
Sunday, August 11, 2013
Orange Cranberry Amish Friendship Bread
Each cup of starter batter makes 2 loaves of friendship bread. One loaf is wrapped and ready for presenting to the family across the street and the other loaf was shared with friends who dropped by for coffee & dessert this evening.
1 cup AFB starter batter
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup canola oil
½ cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 small (3 oz.) pkg. Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 small (3 oz.) pkg. Jello Orange Gelatin
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
For Dusting -
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1. Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
2. Grease or butter 2 large loaf pans and dust with half the dusting sugar.
3. Beat Wet ingredients together until well combined.
4. Whisk Dry ingredients and work into batter in thirds until combined.
5. Stir in dried cranberries/raisins, reserving a few to sprinkle on top.
6. Pour batter into prepared pans and sprinkle top with remaining dusting sugar and dried cranberries/raisins.
7. Bake 50–60 minutes at 325°F until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool on a wire racks until breads loosen from sides of pan and turn out onto serving dishes.