|Kacha Mooger Dal Shobji Diye|
- Bring lentils, along with water it was soaked in, to a boil and simmer until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet and fry cinnamon stick, star anise and shah jeera until seeds sputter.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots, ginger paste and turmeric.
- Stir everything and simmer on medium heat until vegetables are cooked.
- Pour cooked lentils over vegetables, add sugar, salt and 1 cup hot water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes and adjust salt to taste.
- Garnish with ghee, green chillies and cilantro and serve with hot cooked basmati rice, naan or tortilla.