|Bandha Kopi Chingri Mach|
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch or chili powder
½ tsp. Bengali garam masala (ground cinnamon, cardamom and cloves)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat and fry shrimp until pink.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Heat oil in same pan and add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick & star anise.
- When cumin starts to sizzle, brown the sliced onions.
- Add cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, ginger & garlic pastes, chili powder and salt.
- Stir well, cover & cook cabbage over medium heat until it turns golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste and return fried shrimp to pan.
- Cook for 5 more minutes, garnish with ghee, garam masala and whole green chilies.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with steamed rice or tortillas.