|Tilapia Macher Ajhali Jhol|
2 lbs. Tilapia fillets (or any white fish), cut in half
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. nigella seeds (kalo jeera/kalonji)
1 tsp. ghee
- In a saucepan over high heat, sputter nigella seeds and sliced chillies.
- Add tomatoes and ginger paste and fry for 5 minutes until tomatoes soften.
- Add potatoes and cook until almost done.
- Adjust salt to taste, then add 2 cups hot water.
- Add fish to saucepan, lower heat to medium and simmer until fish turns white
- Remove fish from saucepan to serving dish.
- Add cilantro, sugar and 1 tsp. ghee to the gravy, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Pour gravy over fish and serve with hot cooked basmati rice.