|Mung Dal with Cauliflower|
- Roast mung dal in a dry skillet until fragrant and golden brown. Wash in several changes of water.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add roasted dal and boil until dal is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a sauce pan and fry cinnamon stick, star anise and shah jeera till seeds sputter.
- Add cauliflower florets, top with ginger paste and turmeric.
- Stir till everything is well combined and cook on medium heat until cauliflower is golden brown and soft.
- Pour cooked dal over cauliflower, add frozen peas and 1/2 cup hot water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes and adjust salt to taste.
- Garnish with ghee, green chillies and cilantro and serve with hot cooked basmati rice, naan or tortilla.